- born 1971 in Cologne. Married, four children.
- International Baccalaureate, United World College of the Atlantic, UK
- 1995 MSc in Mathematics at the University of Bonn
- 1999 PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at the Humboldt-University of Berlin (supervisor: Hans Jürgen Prömel)
- 2001-2002 visiting professor for Algorithms and Complexity at the Humboldt-University of Berlin
- 2002-2004 assistant professor (W1) for Random Structures and Algorithms at the Humboldt-University of Berlin
- since 2004 associate professor (C3) for Discrete Mathematics at Technical University München