Workshop on "Extremal and Probabilistic Combinatorics"
23. - 27. August 2010 at Frauenchiemsee
(full resolution) Frauenchiemsee is a small island in lake Chiemsee, located South East of Munich at a distance of about 100km, at the feet of the Bavarian Alps. The workshop will take place at the Benedictine convent Frauenwoerth .
TransportationTaxi from Munich Airport (MUC) to Gstadt:
- Sunday, 4:00 pm (departure)
- Sunday, 7:00 pm (departure)
- If travelling from the airport, take the S-Bahn to München Hauptbahnhof (the S1 and S8 lines both go to Hauptbahnhof, and have similar journey times). From Hauptbahnhof, follow the instructions below.
- If travelling from München Hauptbahnhof, take the Salzburg train as far as Prien.
- From Prien, catch the ferry to Frauenchiemsee via Herreninsel. The ferry port in Prien is about 1.5 km from the station. On foot, just walk east along Seestraße, or there is a taxi rank at the station.
- The convent is by far the largest collection of buildings on the very small island, and you can see it from the ferry port.
Buying train/ferry tickets:The following are the cheapest and most convenient ticket options for the journeys we anticipate most participants will be making:
- If travelling from München Hauptbahnhof: Buy a single journey ticket to Prien (15 Eur) if travelling alone, or a Bavarian group ticket (28 Eur) otherwise. The group ticket covers up to 5 people.
- If travelling from the airport, buy a Bavarian single person ticket (20 Eur) if travelling alone, or a Bavarian group ticket (28 Eur) otherwise. The group ticket covers up to 5 people.
- Ferry tickets should be bought at the ferry port, for the single journey to Frauenchiemsee.
By CarGo to Gstadt, there is sufficient parking space at the ferry terminal. The parking fee is approx. 3 Eur per day. You cannot take your car to the island. See also travel to Frauenwörth
Leaving FrauenchiemseeFerry to Gstadt, taxi to Munich Airport (MUC)
- Friday, 1:30 pm (departure)
Emergency Contact DetailsIn case of any last minute problems, please contact Anusch Taraz: +49 176 4964 4131.
ProgrammeTalks start on Monday at 2:00 pm and end on Friday at 12:00 pm.
- Conlon: An approximate version of Sidorenko's conjecture
- Dudek: Loose Hamilton Cycles in Random k-Uniform Hypergraphs
- Grytczuk: Nonrepetitive game; an application of constructive local lemma
- Haxell: Hypergraphs of low dimension
- Hladky: Turannical hypergraphs
- Kalkowski: Algorithmic Methods for the Irregularity Strength of Graphs
- Kang: Two critical periods in the evolution of random planar graphs
- Keevash: Pancyclicity of Hamiltonian and highly connected graphs
- Knox: Hamiltonian decompositions of graphs and digraphs
- Kühn: Sumner's universal tournament conjecture
- Markström: Treewidth of random graphs and related problems
- Osthus: Hamiltonian decompositions of graphs and digraphs
- Pfender: Degree conditions for H-linked digraphs
- Rucinski: Fractional perfect matchings in dense hypergraphs
- Rybarczyk: What is new in random intersection graphs?
- Szymanska: The Complexity of Vertex Coloring Problems in Dense Uniform Hypergraphs
- Taraz: Prime labellings of trees
- Treglown: tba
- Volec: Independent sets and fractional colorings of cubic graphs with large girth
- Würfl: Large homogenous sets
Technical conditions on the island
- no ATM but credit cards are accepted
- no shops
- wireless internet but no computers are provided
- limited space on blackboard (1.5m x 1.0m), overhead projector, data projector, tablet pc
Things to do
- weather-forecast for Frauenchiemsee
- you may want to bring your swimming gear
- approx 50 EUR per night for accomodation
- approx 35 EUR per day for full board (excluding drinks)
- credit cards are accepted