Combinatorial Optimization (MA4502)
|Dozent:||Prof. Dr. Peter Gritzmann|
- The exam review is scheduled for Tuesday, 05.08.2014, at 10:00 in room MI 02.06.020. Please bring a photo ID! More details can be found below in the exam section.
- The date of the second exam (2.10.) has been fixed.
- Some exams of previous years are now available.
- The date of the exam (29.7.) has been fixed.
- Due to the "Fachschaftsvollversammlung", the exercise class scheduled for 23rd April (wednesday) will be deferred to the 30th of April. It will take place in the usual room (MI 03.10.011).
- Registration for the exercise classes is possible from Tuesday, 8.4.2014 at 21:00 until Sunday, 13.4.2014.
|Tuesday||16:15 - 17:45||MI HS 3|
|group 1||Wednesday||10:15 - 11:45||MI 03.10.011||9.4, 30.4, 7.5, 21.5, 11.6, 25.6, 9.7|
|group 2||Thursday||10:15 - 11:45||MI 02.04.011||10.4, 24.4, 8.5, 22.5, 12.6, 26.6, 10.7|
|Person||Office hours (during semester)|
|Peter Gritzmann||Mo 16-17 or by appointment|
|Felix Schmiedl||by appointment|
- Cook, Cunningham, Pulleyblank, Schrijver, Combinatorial Optimization, Wiley 1998
- Korte, Vygen, Combinatorial Optimization: Theory and Algorithms, Springer 2002
- Nemhauser, Wolsey: Integer and Combinatorial Optimization 1999
- Papadimitriou, Steiglitz, Combinatorial Optimization: Algorithms and Complexity, Dover 1998
- Wolsey: Integer Programming, 1998
PrerequisitesAll prerequisites for this course can be found in the book (german, available in the library as hard copy and electronic verison)
- P. Gritzmann: Grundlagen der Mathematischen Optimierung , Springer 2013
- All topics covered in the lecture and the exercise classes are relevant for the exam.
- Registration via TUMOnline is mandatory for participation for the exam (registration for the lecture and/or the exercise classes is not sufficient!)
Dates and Times
|29.7.2014 (Tue)||13:00 - 14:00||Interims HS 2||15.05.14 - 30.06.14||first attempt|
|2.10.2014 (Thu)||13:00 - 14:00||MI HS 2||01.09.14 - 15.09.14||second attempt|
- A review of the graded exams is possible on Tuesday, 05.08.2014, 10:00 hours in room MI 02.06.020.
- Please remember to bring your photo ID to the review!
- You may authorize a fellow student of your choice to inspect your exam for you. Please write a certificate of authority stating both your full name and the full name of the authorized person and sign the certificate. The authorized person needs to present a photo ID!
- You may take photos of your (and only your) exams (if you bring a camera). Authorized persons (see previous point) may also take photos of any exam they are authorized to inspect. Please be advised that xeroxing or scanning the exams will not be possible.
- A suggested solution will be available during the review.
Old ExamsPlease note that the topics covered in the previous lectures differ from the ones in this semester, such that not all questions of the previous exams are applicable.
|SS 13 first||exam13-1.pdf||exam13-1-sol.pdf|
|SS 13 second||exam13-2.pdf||exam13-2-sol.pdf|
|SS 14 first||exam1.pdf||exam1-sol.pdf|
FAQWill the tutorials be in English or in German?
There will be at least one English tutorial. The total number of tutorial classes and availability of a German tutorial are subject to participation and will be discussed during the first week of lectures. However, the exercise sheets will be available in English only. Will the exam be in English or in German?
There will be a written exam with questions in English. Answers will be accepted in both English and German (provided the answers are correct, of course). Do I have to register for the exam?
Yes, you have to register via TUM-Online. Which additives are allowed to be used during the exam?
None, except writing utensils. Am I automatically signed up for the repetition exam if I failed the first one?
No. You have to sign up again.