|Advisors:||Michael Ritter, Roman Rischke, Kevin Schewior|
|weekly hours:||4 hours|
- Mar 23, 2016: The first meeting of the Case Studies Discrete Optimization (jointly with Case Studies Nonlinear Optimization) will take place on Monday, April 11th, at 16:00 at Interimshörsaal 2. Please be on time and plan for approximately 3 hours for this first meeting.
- Mar 8, 2016: Confirmations notes have been sent out to all successful applicants. If you have not received a message from us, please let us know.
- Mar 8, 2016: Registrations for the programming tutorial "Discrete Optimization" are accepted at https://ferienkurse.ma.tum.de. Participation is strongly recommended for all students taking part in the case studies course (or planning to do a thesis with us).
- Feb 3, 2016: Registration to the Case Studies courses is now open, please see below for details. Registration will be possible until March 1st, 2016.
- Jan 14, 2016: There will be a preliminary meeting for this course (jointly with "Case Studies Nonlinear Optimization" on February 3rd, 2016, at 16:15 hours in room MI 00.07.014.
- Jan 18, 2016: We offer an optional companion seminar for the case studies, see here for further information.
|There is a limit on the number of participants for this course with a small number of places being reserved for incomings from abroad and for students from other universities starting their master's courses at TUM this summer. If you want to participate in the case studies course, please register by writing an email to michael.rittertum.de no later than March 1st, 2016.|
Preliminary Meetingslightly shortened version of the slides: A preliminary meeting will take place on February 3rd, 2016, at 16:15 hours in room MI 00.07.014. At this meeting, we will give you some information about the case studies courses in general, what to expect during the courses, this year's projects, important dates and the registration process. This is a joint meeting for both the "Case Studies Discrete Optimization" and the "Case Studies Nonlinear Optimization". If you cannot come to this meeting but would still like to take the course, some more information will be published here after the meeting. Please note that registration by March1st, 2016 is mandatory! If you have any questions that are not answered here or at the preliminary meeting, please contact Michael Ritter at michael.rittertum.de.
RegistrationRegistration is possible until March 1st, 2016, it is mandatory and binding. To register, please write a short mail to michael.rittertum.de providing the following information:
- last name, first name
- your master's program (Mathematics, Mathematics in Bioscience, Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Mathematical Finance and Actuarial Science, Mathematics in Operations Research, others)
- list of optimization related lectures that you have attended (for lectures from other faculties or universities, please give a short description of the topics covered so that we know about your expertise in the field)
- programming skills (programming languages and other programming related skills, experience in using optimization software)
- ranking of the projects (which do you find most interesting, which would be a good alternative etc.); please rank all projects.
- persons you would like to work with as a team
- any additional information that might be relevant for the choice of your project or your partners
- If you are registered for the companion seminar please be sure to mention that in your mail.
Poster Presentation and Final WorkshopPlease be sure to reserve the following dates (attendance is absolutely mandatory):
- Kickoff Meeting: Monday, April 11th, starting at 16:00 (duration: about 3 hours)
- "TUMMS": presumably Friday, May 20th, 12:00 - 15:00
- final workshop: presumably on Saturday, July 9th, 2016 (whole day)
Course ScheduleThe course will take place on Mondays, 10:15 - 11:45 hours, and on Wednesdays, 14:00 - 15:30 hours during the semester. We will (usually) meet in room MI 00.09.022. Updated information will be posted here when available.
|Fri, Feb 03||16:15||MI 00.07.014||preliminary meeting|
|Mon, Apr 11||16:00||Interimshörsaal 2||kickoff meeting - assignment of teams and projects|
|Wed, Apr 13||14:00||MI 00.09.022||project planning and team presentations|
|Mon, Apr 18||10:15||MI 00.09.022||poster design|
|Wed, Apr 20||14:00||MI 00.09.022||case study 1|
|Mon, Apr 25||10:15||MI 00.09.022||case study 2|
|Wed, Apr 27||14:00||MI 00.09.022||case study 3|
|Mon, May 02||10:15||MI 00.09.022||internal poster presentation|
|Wed, May 04||14:00||MI 00.09.022||case study 4|
|Mon, May 09||23:59||hand in final poster, exhibition booth equipment and orders|
|Wed, May 11||14:00||MI 00.09.022||presentation skills|
|Fri, May 20||tba||Magistrale||TUMMS Poster Presentation|
|Wed, May 25||14:00||MI 00.09.022||feedback, midterm presentations part 1|
|Mon, May 30||10:15||MI 00.09.022||midterm presentations part 2|
|Sat, Jul 09th||tba||Garching-Hochbrück, Hörsaal 2, 0.01.17||Final Workshop|