Polyhedral Combinatorics (MA5225)
|Lecturer:||Prof. Dr. P. Gritzmann|
|Weekly hours:||3+1 hours|
- 12.10.17: The first lecture will take place on Tuesday 17th of October from 14:00 to 16:00, the second on Wednesday the 18th of October at 10:15.
- 12.10.17: The registration for the tutorials is open.
|Lecture||Tuesday||14:00 - 16:00||Seminarraum (M9/M10)||Prof. Dr. P. Gritzmann||weekly|
|Lecture||Wednesday||10:15 - 11:45||MI HS 3||Prof. Dr. P. Gritzmann||18.10, 15.11, 29.11, 13.12, 10.01, 24.01|
|Group 01||Wednesday||12:00 - 14:00||MI 00.08.055||Maximilian Fiedler||biweekly|
- There will be an exercise sheet every two weeks, that will be discussed in the tutorials.
- Please print the exercise sheets at home and bring them with you.
- In order to make the best of the tutorials' time, have a look at the exercises in advance.
- All sheets will be password protected. The login details will be announced in the lecture.
|Exercise Sheet||Suggested Solution||Remarks|
- Depending on the number of course participants the exam will be either oral or written
- All topics covered in the lecture and the exercises are relevant for the exam.
- Registration via TUMOnline is mandatory for participation in the exam (registration for the lecture and/or the exercise classes is not sufficient)! Please do not forget to register until that date - you will not be allowed to take the exam without prior registration on TUMOnline.
- In case you have been granted any special regulations for your examination, please make sure to inform us via mail during the registration period. Failure to notify us by that time means you voluntarily forfeit your right to any special regulations for that exam.
- Please turn off mobile phones, tablets, notebooks, calculators etc. and store them in your bag. Handling any kind of electronic equipment, whether switched on or not, will be considered an attempt at cheating. Of course, the same goes for lecture notes, books, etc.
- Please make sure to be in the examination room at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time.
- Bring a photo ID (passport or drivers license) and your student ID. We will check the IDs during the exam.
- The grades will be published in TUMOnline only.
- B. Korte, J. Vygen: Combinatorial Optimization, Springer, 2002
- A. Schrijver, Combinatorial Optimization, Springer 2003
- M. Grötschel, L. Lovasz, A. Schrijver, Geometric Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimization, Springer 1988
- Gritzmann: Grundlagen der Mathematischen Optimierung, Springer, 2013
- various journal publications and preprints