Computational Complexity in Optimization (MA 5222)
|Prof. Dr. Peter Gritzmann, Dr. Steffen Borgwardt|
|News||Dates of lectures/exercise classes||Office Hours||Lecture notes||Problem sheets||Exam||Literature||FAQ|
- July 24th: The results of the exam are online. A possibility to review your exam, as announced before, is tomorrow July 25th, 11:00-12:00 in room MI 02.06.020.
- July 11th: A final announcement for the closed-book exam on July 23rd: Answers are accepted in both German and English.
- June 26th: On July 7th, the lecture slot is taken by the last exercise class (instead of Wednesday!!). The class serves as preparation for the written exam.
- May 20th: The fourth exercise class is postponed by exactly one week and 15 minutes. It is on June 4th, 16:15-17:45. The corresponding sheet is distributed in the exercise class itself. All other classes are scheduled normally, in particular, the fifth class is on June 11th.
- Apr, 28nd: Based on student attendance, the exercise classes are now in a two-week rhythm with one slot. This week, April 30th, there will be a class.
- Apr, 22nd: As announced in the lecture, there is no exercise class tomorrow, April 23rd.
- Apr, 15th: By request, the exercise classes already start at 16:00!
- Apr, 10th: Details on the exercise classes are online. The first classes of our two exercise groups are on April 16th and April 23rd. There will be a two-week rhythm for these classes!
- Apr, 8th: Literature is online. Details on room and date of the exercise classes are TBA.
- Apr, 3rd: The homepage is online.
Dates of lectures/exercise classes
|Lecture||Monday||12:15-14:00||MI HS 3||Gritzmann||english|
|Exercises||Wednesday||16:00-17:30||MW 1701||Borgwardt||english||two-week rhythm, starting April 16th|
|Person||Office hours (during semester)|
|Peter Gritzmann||Friday, 16-17 h (on all Fridays when there are lectures) or by appointment|
|Steffen Borgwardt||by appointment|
- lecture 1
- lecture 2
- lecture 3
- lecture 4
- lecture 5
- lecture 6
- lecture 7
- lecture 8
- lecture 9
- lecture 10
- exercises 1
- solutions 1
- exercises 2
- solutions 2
- exercises 3
- solutions 3
- exercises 4
- solutions 4
- exercises 5
- solutions 5
- exercises 6
- solutions 6
- P. Gritzmann. Grundlagen der Mathematischen Optimierung. Springer Spektrum, 2013
- J.E. Hopcroft, R. Motwani and J.D. Ullman. Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages, and Computation. Addison-Wesley, 3rd ed. 2006
- J. Kleinberg, E. Tardos. Algorithm Design. Addison-Wesley, 2006
- M.R. Garey, D.S. Johnson. Computers and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness. Freeman, 1979
- I. Wegener. Komplexitätstheorie. Springer, 2003