Discrete Optimization (MA3502)
|Lectures:||Prof. Dr. Peter Gritzmann|
|Exercises:||Dr. René Brandenberg|
|News||Dates of lectures/exercise classes and office hours||Lecture notes||Problem sheets||Literature||FAQ|
- Feb, 5th: We have added a multiple-choice problem sheet to the webside. See below.
- Nov, 8th: Reminder: There is no lecture next week (but all exercises take place as usual)
- Oct, 26th: The first regular lecture for the 3rd group is on November 14th, 10.00 (and not as written wrongly below earlier on the 7th, 12.00).
- Oct, 19th: We have opened a 3rd exercise group - see below for details.
- Oct, 12th: Please choose your exercise group via TUMonline from *16th * of october onward and attend only exercise groups you got a place in.
- Oct, 9th: First exercises on October, 29th.
- Oct, 9th: Please contact Rene Brandenberg in his office (not via email), if none of the scheduled exercise hours fits with your semester schedule.
Dates of lectures/exercise classes and office hours
|Exercise class 1||Monday||12:15 - 14:00||02:09:023||Brandenberg|
|Exercise class 2||Tuesday||12:15 - 14:00||02:04:011||Brandenberg|
|Exercise class 3||Wednesday||10:05 - 11:50||02:04:011||Brandenberg|
|Lecture||Tuesday||16:15 - 17:45||MI HS 3||Gritzmann|
|Person||Office hours (during semester)|
|Prof. Dr. Peter Gritzmann||Friday, 16-17 h (on all Fridays when there are lectures) or by appointment|
|Dr. René Brandenberg||on appointment|
|Problem sheets||Solutions||Online version||Remarks|
|MC-Sheet||online form||5th of February 2013|
- Cook, Cunningham, Pulleyblank, Schrijver, Combinatorial Optimization, Wiley 1998
- Korte, Vygen, Combinatorial Optimization: Theory and Algorithms, Springer 2002
- Nemhauser, Wolsey: Integer and Combinatorial Optimization 1999
- Papadimitriou, Steiglitz, Combinatorial Optimization: Algorithms and Complexity, Dover 1998
- Wolsey: Integer Programming, 1998
FAQHow does the allocation of the exercise classes work?
- The exercises take place almost every two weeks, the exact data can be found under Dates of lectures/exercise classes and office hours.
- The registration into the exersise classes has to be done via TUMonline and takes place between Tuesday, 16th of October, 10 p.m. and Monday, 22nd of October, 11.59 p.m.
- First, there will only be the exersise classes already listet under Dates of lectures/exercise classes and office hours. In each of the classes a maximum of 18 people can be registered.
- If the number of registrations into one of the groups reaches the limit, we will try to offer an additional class at the same appointed time. If so, we will inform you under News as soon as possible
- As long as the registration is open and there are remaining places, you can subscribe and unsubscribe into the groups as you want.
- Multiple subscriptions are not allowed!
Yes. Some information about the exams can be found under this link. We will inform you via this web-page as soon as the schedule of the exam is fixed. Do I have to register for the exam?
Yes, you have to register via TUM-Online. Which additives are allowed to be used during the exam?
None, except writing utensils. Am I automatically signed in the repetition exam if I failed the first?
No. How does the Homework system works for this exercises?
- You will get an exercise sheet every two weeks within your exercises class or via this web-page (see Exercise sheets).
- Within the classes the exercises should be discussed within groups to get first drafts of ideas for solutions.
- At home you should carefully write down full solutions in teams of 2 to 3 students.
- After your class you have one week to finish your homework.
- After finishing your homework you drop it in the "Discrete optimization"-marked letter box in the basement of the MI-building.
- Please, write your full name and the number of your exercise class on your homework.
- The corrected homework will be returned to you in the following exercise class.
Non-picked homework will be stored in the shelves at the entrance of the M9-finger till to the end of the semester. Just pick them, if neccesary. -- ReneBrandenberg - 13 Sep 2012