|Lectures:||Prof. Dr. Peter Gritzmann|
|Tutorial management:||Dr. Andreas Alpers|
|Tutorials:||Viviana Ghiglione, Dr. Andreas Alpers|
|News||Schedule||Problem sets and solutions||"Notenbonus"||Literature||FAQ|
- (25/02/14): View your exam ("Klausureinsicht"): on March 6th from 1-2pm, room 02.04.011.
- (19/02/14): Exam results have been published (TUMOnline); exam and solutions can be found below. We inform you in due time on this website and by a separate TUMOnline email about the date and time when you can review your exam and results ("Klausureinsicht"). This won't happen in February.
- (30/01/14): Since some of you requested it, I put the old exam and solution from last year online (from Rene Brandenberg); see below. Be careful, not all questions can be answered based on what we covered this semester.
- (13/12/13): There are no exercise groups between Dec. 23th-January 13th. The exercise groups for Group 1 resume on January 14th (not on January 7th).
- (10/12/13): Students from Group 2, please visit Groups 3 and 4 (only if neccessary Group 1) next week (16th-20th).
- (04/11/13): No lectures Nov. 12th.
- (24/10/13): Exercise Group 4 (Wed. Room 0:01:05 Garching Hochbrueck) will be held from 16:15 to 17:45, instead of 16:30-18:00. If this is in conflict with your current schedule, please send an e-mail to Viviana Ghiglione.
- (21/10/13): No lectures this Tuesday (Oct. 22nd).
- (19/10/13): Due to the large number of participants, we are not closing any of the groups 1-4. The room for group 3 has changed to 5507.01.701.
- (01/10/13): We plan to have three biweekly exercise groups. Enrollment is from Oct., 15th (8pm) to Oct., 17th. The first exercises start on Oct 22nd (Group 1).
|Group 1||Tues.||12:00-13:45||02:04:011||A. Alpers (German group, starts in Week 2)|
|Group 4||Wed.||16:15-18:00||0:01:05 (Garching Hochbrueck)||V. Ghiglione (starts in Week 2)|
|Group 3||Thurs.||12:15-14:00||5507:01:701||A. Alpers (starts in Week 2)|
|Group 2||Tues.||12-13:45||02:04:011||V. Ghiglione (starts in Week 3)|
- vorlesung-DO.pdf: Latest lecture notes.
- 2014-02-04.pdf: Slides (12).
- 2014-01-28.pdf: Slides (11).
- 2014-01-21.pdf: Slides (10).
- 2014-01-14.pdf: Slides (9).
- 2014-01-07.pdf: Slides (8).
- 2013-12-17.pdf: Slides (7).
- 2013-12-10.pdf: Slides (6).
- 2013-12-03.pdf: Slides (5).
- 2013-11-26.pdf: Slides (4).
- 2013-11-19.pdf: Slides (3).
- 2013-11-05.pdf: Slides (2).
- 2013-10-29.pdf: Slides (1).
- lecture-CO.pdf: If you need to review concepts from Convex Optimization (prerequisite for Discrete Optimization), attached you find the lecture notes by Prof. Dr. Gritzmann.
Problem sets and solutions
"Notenbonus" for homeworksn/a
ExamHere is the exam, here the solutions.
WiederholungsklausurHere is the exam, here the solutions.
- Gritzmann: Grundlagen der Mathematischen Optimierung, Springer, 2013
- Cook, Cunningham, Pulleyblank, Schrijver: Combinatorial Optimization, Wiley, 1998
- Korte, Vygen: Combinatorial Optimization, Springer, 2002
- Nemhauser, Wolsey: Integer and Combinatorial Optimization, Wiley, 1999
- Papadimitriou, Steiglitz: Combinatorial Optimization, Dover, 1998
- Wolsey: Integer Programming, Wiley, 1998
FAQWhich help is allowed during the exam?
No help, no books. Where can I hand in homeworks?
Hand them in before the lecture starts (on a table in HS3), or place them in the DiscOpt folder located in the gray locker (which isn't locked) just to the left behind the door when you enter the 02.04 "finger" where M9 is located. Another option is to give them to your tutor. Where can I collect my marked homeworks?
In the tutorials. Write your group number on your homework. How can I find the problem sets and solutions?
They are available from this site every two weeks. Problem sets are also handed out in the tutorials. Where can I find office hours?
Visit the homepage of the relevant persons.